Historical Society of Bloomfield | Photo Gallery | TIA Glass Slides | TIA Park School Planting
Broad Street and Belleville Avenue, Southeast Corner
The architect responsible for the Park school remodeling determinedly removed both stair towers and all traces of the 19th century Victorian architecture. To the left of the new front door can be seen a bricked-up second floor window and a belt-course of brown sandstone that are the only remnants of its original appearance. With the opening of the new Junior High School in 1940, this building served as a school for only one more year when the overcrowding in the 1912 building required some of the incoming 9th grades to have home rooms and some of their classes in this building. Thereafter, it became the Board of Education Administration Building and now contains office space.
Frederick Branch, July 2010