Historical Society of Bloomfield | Photo Gallery | TIA Glass Slides | DL&W Railroad Station
The Washington Street bridge is shown in a partial view of the ca. 1912 station of the Lackawanna RR. The ramp was conceived as a convenience for taxies and motor cars to pick up or drop off passengers. It has not been used as such for many years. The street level entrance to the station was rented out by the railroad as a fruit and vegetable market until it was destroyed by fire. This part of Bloomfield, a thriving and busy place of business from the 1850's until the 1930's has had a neglected and run-down look for many years.
Frederick Branch, July 2010