Historical Society of Bloomfield | Photo Gallery | TIA Glass Slides | TIA Fairview School Planting
Berkeley and Montgomery Streets, northeast corner
The front of Fairview School on Berkeley Avenue remains much the same as in this photo including the northern extension to the 1899 building which contains 12 classrooms. Since then, a second extension on the north has been made for a ground-floor level auditorium and all-purpose room. Originally, there were no facilities for a lunch room and students walked back and forth between home and school twice each day. The house in the background, was demolished to construct the north addition.
Frederick Branch, July 2010