Historical Society of Bloomfield | Photo Gallery | TIA Glass Slides | Bloomfield Coal Supply Co. Trestle
Most of Bloomfield's coal yards were originally located along the Morris canal. Later on, with the coming of the railroads, in 1850-70, they relocated to sidings off the main lines of the Erie and Lackawanna Railroads. This rather ramshackle operation is long gone and the Erie Main Line just behind it has been abandoned.
Frederick Branch, July 2010