Historical Society of Bloomfield | Photo Gallery | TIA Glass Slides | Lunch Wagon on Bloomfield Av.
A pre-1929 photo of the back of the Bloomfield Savings Bank, a row of stores on Broad Street, and Ericksen's Lunch. The TIA called it a "wagon" because these diners were once discarded vehicles with their wheels removed. This one does look as if it once ran up and down Bloomfield Avenue, drawn by a horse. The construction of the Bloomfield Bank and Trust Company in 1930 removed everything in this photo.
Frederick Branch, July 2010