Historical Society of Bloomfield | Photo Gallery | TIA Glass Slides | TIA Planting, Soldiers Monument
The Bloomfield Centennial Monument to the Soldiers and Sailors of the Spanish American War, Civil War, War of 1812, and the American Revolution, was dedicated in June of 1912. Unfortunately, the stately Romanesque tower of the sacred heart church has been obscured, but the home of Judge Dodd can be seen at its right. It was replaced by the present Civic Center in the 1957 and its site is now marked by the plaza in front of the 1967 Public library.
Frederick Branch, July 2010